The Mission of the Humboldt City School System is Community, Pride, Success.
The Humboldt City School System's curriculum is derived from our Tennessee State Standards. Humboldt has embraced the new state standards and is constantly planning instruction, training teachers, and assessing data to stay competitive in our educational market.
At the Middle School level basic and advanced courses are offered. The Middle School recently won an award fo outstanding TVAAS scores in reading. The Middle School practices writing across the curriculum and has mock assessment through the year.
Humboldt High School offers a variety of credit hours that range from basic, college bound, to technical. The Humboldt High School staff assists students with exploring and adventuring into their educational career. A variety of electives are available to meet the talents and interest of the students.
The school system provides a quality education providing students with the latest technology, advanced placement courses, extra-curricular activities along with various mentoring programs, and a family resource department.
1. Provide excellence in instructional programs
· To increase reading proficiency and growth for grades 3-8
· Research based, best practices, data driven instruction aligned with Common Core
· Rigorous and varied curriculum and instructional opportunities to ensure students are college and career ready
2. Provide effective teachers and leaders
· Recruit and retain a diverse staff
· Provide appropriate Professional Development (Common Core, Leadership Development aligned with the evaluations)
· Provide Professional Development in instructional leadership
3. Maintain fiscal stability, responsibility and accountability
· Focus expenditures on instruction
· Exercise sound fiscal practices and plan for the future of the district
· Enhance benefits for employees
4. Cultivate family and community engagement
· Expand avenues of two-way communication
· Provide opportunities for meaningful engagement